Associate Director, Product Media Systems
Wayfair's Operations Product Innovation team is looking for a General Manager, Content Creation to help lead a key initiative within our Product Media Systems team. This is a new role that will be tasked with building out a robust Content Production tool set pipeline, as well as creating a best-in-class Merchandising experience for our Supplier Extranet.
As the CEO of your platform, you will be responsible for wearing any & all hats. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand and develop your road map, make appropriate trade offs, and measure the success of your initiatives.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. In addition, you'll be expected to identify better methods in the future for avoiding those gaps. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You lead member of an agile scrum team consisting of Engineers & a team of Product Managers and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
Product Managers at Wayfair:
- Are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Build and maintain road maps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product road map aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and align the organization around the vision for your product - regularly disseminating updates and engaging with Executive leadership on platform vision and progress
- Anticipate tech/operational issues, assess scope, and have a lens on cross-platform impacts
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities and features
Who We're Looking For
- 8+ years Product management experience working with operational systems and/or B2B platforms
- 2-4+ years experience successfully managing and developing highly effective product or business teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and a strong sense of end user focus
- Have the organizational skills to develop a successful strategy that expands upon our existing 3D offering
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Experience with ROI/Impact analysis of feature deployment
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology or business discipline from a top school, Masters/MBA a plus
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: art director, director, editor in chief, head writer, manager, president, principal editor, production, showrunner, vice president