Sr. Project Manger II
Compensation: $153,680.00 - $153,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Our client is seeking an IT Project Manager to join their team for a long term contract position. Must possess above average business savvy skills, strong communication, ability to communicate with stakeholders and C-level execs and thoroughly understand the Project Management lifecycle.
Please submit resumes to ...@vincentbenjamin.com
Role Purpose: Develops project governance, monitors, updates, communicates and implements plans for major business unit projects. Executes project management process including scope definition, scheduling, human resource and material planning and allocation, risk management planning, cost and budget management and quality assurance. Serves as liaison among clients, technical and internal departments to expedite project processes.
Major Job Functions
- Clearly defines and documents project governance and project scope. Gets approval and signature from Project Owner on these documents.
- Advises the Project Owner of the most effective and expedient project management methodology to use based on the type of project tasks to be performed.
- Interviews internal and external clients, determines project requirements and priorities.
- Identifies projects must-haves, should-haves, and nice-to-have features/functions.
- Develops lists of tasks, defines their interdependencies, assigns resources, and tracks task progress to completion.
- Determines specific project deliverables, defines the process for the review and approval of deliverables, and specifies quality criteria for deliverables assessment.
- Defines project scope subject to management approval, establishes the process for altering the scope, and responds to requests for changes to the scope.
- Builds time estimates, develops project schedule, and addresses scheduling problems as they arise.
- Estimates project costs, prepares budget recommendations, and monitors and reports project performance to budget constraints.
- Develops, maintains, publishes and distributes comprehensive project plans.
- Identifies, mitigates and recommends alternatives on handling risks and issues that threaten the successful completion of the project within deadline.
- Monitors and reports project progress to objectives in timeframes, scope, quality, costs and risks.
- Receives information on project status, changes and issues.
- Identifies potential sources for solutions, and contacts appropriate parties to initiate action.
- Identifies areas within the business unit where process improvements may benefit project performance.
- Uses advanced skills to manage high risk, highly complex and high visibility internal and external projects. Duties & tasks are varied but standardized. Expected to perform at a consistently top level of function, complexity and professionalism.
- Works under minimal supervision of Program Manager or Director and selects from a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May require a Masters Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 - 10 years of related experience preferred.
- SR PM / PMS (Sr.) should have accumulated a minimum of 10,000 hours of Project Management experience in this role.
- PM II would be expected to possess multiple professional certifications.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Expert knowledge of project management methodology and tools including software.
- Expert knowledge of computer systems and processes and PC desktop applications.
- Expert knowledge of business unit products and operations.
- Expert knowledge of legislation and regulations impacting business unit industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert project management and organizational skills.
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills.
- Expert leadership skills.
- Ability to travel domestic and international.
- Very good soft skills (interpersonal relations, customer service, business etiquette, etc.)
- Excellent business analysis skills.
- Determine operational objectives.
- Define project requirements by identifying milestones, phases.
- Validate resource requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
Loading some great jobs for you...