Compensation: $77,860.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist General Manager with overseeing staffing responsibilities for PM servers, PM server assistants, PM porters. This includes overseeing hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and terminating, with General Manager s support. All new hires and terminations must have GM in final decision making process. All schedules must be pre-submitted to GM by Wednesday, so GM can review and send to staff Thursday.
- Responsible for creating training plans and ensuring they are implemented/updated for the PM servers, PM server assistants, PM porters. All training plans must be double checked by GM.
- Focus specifically on the steps of service for PM servers, PM server assistants, PM porters.
- Oversee organization, efficiency and policies pertaining to service in the dining room.
- Is responsible for Point of Sales System for daily changes that pertain to that shift (new menu items, price change, etc.) as well as daily employee edits after each shift.
- Is the point person between our valet, any vendors that our service depends on. Any concerns, changes, etc will be communicated through you and you will follow up with The Elm's team.
- Perform a running inventory of items stored in the Storage. Will be responsible for creating a system and maintaining it so there is never any question as to what we have in that space.
- Responsible for communicating any CO2 needs for The Elm with purchaser to ensure we never run out.
- Oversees the The Elms s Receiving area to ensure cleanliness and organization. You are the point person in this area communicating any changes or needs. In your absence, someone must be appointed to look out for this area.
- Work closely with General Manager, Executive Chef, Bar Manager, PDR Director and other Assistant Managers for cohesion throughout all the services, policies, communication, procedures.
- Supervises team in terms of guest service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds.
- Works on the floor during any service, the floor comes first before any duties. When leaving the floor, must alert co-managers or team.
- Enhance and strengthen guest relationships, established and new.
- Promotes cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees.
- Delivers excellent guest service including personally greeting and seating guests.
- Work on revising all steps of service, sidework, etc with GM as environment changes.
- Always answers a ringing telephone by the third ring and always using verbiage that follows company standards.
- Resolves complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed. Also ensuring that GM knows of these situations when not around.
- Have strong communication with GM, Chefs, PDR department, co-managers, and kitchen to communicate any issues, concerns, or ideas.
- Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment.Addresses engineering problems with manager involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment.
- Make sure the entire space looks, smells, and feels good (lighting, temperature, bathrooms, cleanliness, and seating arrangements).
- Participates in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.).
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. server, food runner, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Responds to guest and community interests to develop marketing and advertising.
- Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy.
- To be familiar with the food and beverage items on The Elm s menus.
- To have a strong awareness of FOH scheduling to ensure that payroll is monitored through proper allocation of vacation/request offs from the service team, as well as schedule switching.
- To work a combination of shifts if needed opening and closing as well as the potential of a sixth shift during the weeks of major Private dining business or downtown LaGrange happenings.
- Responsible for checking out service staff, collecting all necessary payments and closing the restaurant according to The Elm s standards.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
More detail about The Elm, please visit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...