Model & Simulation Engineer/manager HCS 190065 [LC]
Compensation: $144,595.00 - $143,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Model and Simulation (M&S) Engineer will use their knowledge and expertise for designing, developing, testing and implementing discrete event simulation solutions based on an existing ExtendSim model. The current simulation tool assess capabilities of an automated laboratory designed by Healthcare Consultants. The M&S Engineer is part of the Global Healthcare Consultant Team. This individual will report to the Head of Global HCS who has responsibility for the global HCS strategy, training and process standardization worldwide, and tool development.
* Author and maintain M&S solutions
* Manage the processing of simulation submissions
* Assure business continuity by supporting a team of contractors who process simulation requests
* Develop M&S requirements including scheduling and budgets
* Lead the elevated service ticket requests for troubleshooting simulation projects executed by country Healthcare Consultants
* Document the Code for the M&S solutions, process instructions and help files
* Work in close collaboration with Research and Development and Marketing who develop medical device systems to provide functional requirements of the M&S solutions and keep them current. Also, incorporate user enhancements from the Healthcare Consultants
* Deliver enhancements to the simulation solutions and continuously improve the existing toolset
* Recommend updates of methodology, procedures, and standards for improved simulation capabilities
* Work with Global Senior Manager for Training and Standardization to develop training materials, ensuring standardized field competency/capability.
* Act as a technical liaison with the Data Analytics Director
* Participate in various Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups
* 15% travel required
* Rapidly understands new concepts, and applies them accurately and creatively
* Works comfortably in evolving and complex environments
* Interacts confidently and communicates effectively at all levels
* Distills technically complex material for presentation to non-technical decision makers
* Envisions future states and translates that vision into concrete and actionable plans
* Effectively organizes, schedules and coordinates work phases and tasks
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering and/or Operations Research or at least 5 years of successful experience in a directly related field
* Strong Modeling and Simulation experience using ExtendSim or similar discrete event simulation software
* Hands on algorithm development and software development skills in C language with proven ability to deliver high quality code on time.
* Proficient in C and Visual Studio
* Excellent communication skills
Job ID: 190065
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...