Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment, contribute to our dynamic teams and \"Seek and Achieve Excellence\" in all you do? We are SBA Communications, (SBA) a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions.
As a member of our team, you will be inspired by our Guiding Principles; Integrity, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset, Quality, Customer Service, Innovation and Collegiality. If you are challenged by the opportunity to stretch and grow yourself and your career, then SBA Communications can help you Reach New Heights .
Join our Commitment to \"Building Better Wireless\" and apply or text keyword Corpsba to 313131
Under the direction of the VP, Sales and New Assessment Development, the Director has the responsibility for targeting and securing wireless exclusivity property rights, marketing SBA assets and facilitating DAS/wireless network collocations to wireless carriers within the assigned geographical area. The Director accomplishes this by working closely with the Strategic Real Estate Acquisition team to identify/develop property leads; developing and executing sales approaches that will facilitate the deployment of in-building wireless infrastructure; establishing themselves as a main point of contact from both a real estate and carrier perspective; and by recommending infrastructure solutions for wireless service improvement(s) and assisting in contract negotiations with legal resources to execute agreements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop targeted real estate leads within assigned geographical area, provided by the Strategic Real Estate Acquisition team, to secure wireless exclusivity property rights through planning, goal setting, and establishing metrics to assess performance with consistent follow-up and execution.
- Market SBA assets to facilitate the deployment of in-building wireless infrastructure to commercial wireless carriers, cable operators and mobile-edge centric customers.
- Collaborate with the Financial and Strategic Planning Manager to develop a comprehensive financial business plan for each identified site.
- Collaborate with SBA s Legal department to prepare and facilitate real estate and/or carrier centric agreements.
- Provide supervision of pipeline conversion activities, including but not limited to: wireless rights acquisition, asset marketing, in-building solution development, business modeling, contracting and licensing, system development and integration and commitment.
- Participate in weekly DAS and Small Cells staff meetings to provide updates on opportunities that include, but are not limited to: the real estate pipeline, marketable assets within established portfolio, and build opportunities with active, real estate, carrier or non-traditional customers.
- Facilitate frequent communication of project status, costs and timelines with relevant stakeholders (Real Estate contacts, Wireless Carriers, Contractors) and internal cross-functional teams to increase transparency and execution of relevant activities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Provide indirect supervision to the Sales and New Asset Development Team. Indirect supervision includes: providing continuing or individual assignments by indicating what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Assures work is technically accurate and in compliance with established procedures and timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field required.
* 7+ years experience in the Telecommunications industry, working in commercial real estate and DAS and Small Cells teams with strong solutions sourcing abilities and project management experience. Fortune 500 & large venue experience.
* 5+ years experience developing and deploying DAS and Small Cells wireless networks.
* Expert knowledge in DAS, VoLTE, Fiber backhaul, Wi-Fi, CRAN.
* Demonstrated knowledge and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to provide clear, concise and professional communication to employees at all levels across the organization.
- Effective facilitation skills. Ability to facilitate individual or group discussions.
- Ability to create graphics, overheads, or slides that display information clearly and with high impact.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define and prioritize problems, collects and organizes data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and projections.
- Ability to weigh costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in making well informed decisions.
- Ability to anticipate implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action in preparation of possible contingencies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver s License.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Sitting 50% of the day.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer, the calculator and operate equipment listed above.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to respond verbally in a clear, concise and professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make discriminations in sound.
- Ability to travel by ground or air 50 % of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.