Product Manager - Life Sciences
Compensation: $145,400.00 - $145,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Diagnostic Sales Director in the Newton, NC office. The company offers a competitive salary and a benefits package with this position.
Responsible for managing the cellular and molecular biology product lines over their lifecycle from launch to maintenance to deactivation, encompassing the following: technical product support to customers and employees, market research and analysis, technical presentation creation and delivery, product training, and assisting with special order inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates internal training materials and provides technical expertise and training.
- Creates and presents external presentations at customer meetings (web-based and on- site).
- Conducts market analysis by reviewing industry journals and researching the marketplace for competitors, trends, technology changes, customer requirements, and product pricing.
Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors and organizes the information in an understandable format.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Assists customers and employees with product questions, requests, and complaints
- Attends national trade shows to interact with customers, gather leads, and gain industry knowledge.
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Master's or PhD degree in a life science field required; PhD preferred; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous in depth experience in a scientific laboratory setting or in the laboratory industry is required.
- Must have or be able to obtain an international Passport.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk between departments; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of product boxes and show supplies.
- The employee is responsible for the visual inspection of products for quality purposes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
The Company participates in E-Verify
Loading some great jobs for you...