The Director of S&OP is responsible to manage Company sales and operations planning process to ensure alignment of functions and facility operations to the delivery of business goals and increase customer satisfaction for quality and delivery metrics.
1. Lead the Company S&OP cycle including running of pre-S&OP and S&OP meetings to proactively align production capacity with demand.
2. Oversight of all facilities capacity & planning systems (not ownership of operational teams).
3. Responsible for site selection decision process that includes sales and operations teams
4. Ensure consistent data is provided by functions and programs to drive site S&OP and that all data generated via S&OP is accurate and timely for Company reporting.
5. Coaching, mentoring, and initiation of improvement projects, where required.
6. Ensure identification, monitoring, and reporting of assumptions, risks, and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business targets.
7. Hold appropriate personnel, including site and global leadership, to account for agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realization of opportunities as identified via S&OP.
8. Continually review the S&OP process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
9. Interact with the site Tier process and provide appropriate data to support decision making.
* Links day-to-day tasks to a model reflecting a long term perspective.
* Develops broad scale, longer-term objectives (e.g. affecting a business, department, or several departments).
* Establishes a course of action to accomplish a long-term goal or vision. Establishes long-term organizational/departmental goals or projects.
* Considers how present policies, processes, and methods might be affected by future developments and trends.
* Prepares and reviews contingency plans for problems and situations that might occur.
* Develops a business strategy.
* Determines long-term problems and opportunities.
* Shares with others own view of the desired future state of the business/departments
* Considers whether short-term goals will meet long-term objectives.
* Redesigns the department and/or organization to better meet long-term objectives.
Concern for impact
* Takes action to have an intended or desired effect on others.
* Effectively communicates to influence.
* Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions to influence.
* Acts to ensure that others will understand complex information.
* Acts to preserve longer-term work relations.
* Considers the likely reactions of others and acts to address them in planning a communication.
* Shows consideration for and responds to the feelings and needs of subordinates, peers, superiors, or customers.
* Maintains people's self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
* Maintains people's self-esteem when interacting with them.
* Sets specific goals for self and others.
* Establishes a clear focus and direction for the unit.
* Communicates clearly and concretely the results to be achieved.
* Organizes and brings resources together to help achieve an objective.
* Delegates tasks to ensure that the job gets done.
* Keeps own and others' activities focused on key objectives.
* Determines whether results have been achieved.
* Keeps people informed about what needs to be done in the light of changes in the organization, business situation, etc.
* Takes appropriate action to achieve objectives.
* Eliminates unnecessary risks.
* Acts to avoid unnecessary distractions from key objectives.
* Applies experience and expertise to achieve objectives.
Critical information Seeking
* Seeks critical data to test a hypothesis.
* Carefully structures questions to find out more about a problem.
* Gathers all key information to diagnose a problem.
* Probes for sensitive, strategic information.
* Identifies the most appropriate people possessing information relevant to a problem.
* Gathers information from key sources in attempting to understand fully the cause of a problem.
* Searches records or files for critical information.
* Gathers information from all key 'stakeholders' (i.e. people with vested interests) in a problem or task.
* Able to build cooperative teams and drive agreements across different functional areas with different priorities
* Keeps the team's focus on what is best for the company
* Is guided by a range of considerations in deciding the best course of action to interact positively with a range of PLI team members(e.g. political, cultural, personal relationships, personal impact, and hierarchical positions).
* Works with 'informal' as well as formal systems to influence situations.
PLI Card Marketing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: bi, business development, business growth, channel partner, client, customer, franchise, inside sales, regional sales, strategic