Market Director - Grand Rapids
Compensation: $132,180.00 - $205,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
We are looking for Market Directors in the Greater Grand Rapids, Lakeshore, Traverse City, and surrounding areas. This responsibility includes accountability for retail team members at all levels for a market territory to ensure delivery of the best possible shopping experience for our customers. Responsible for the total operation of the market in a manner consistent with our leadership expectations and core values to maximize the company's financial success. Must demonstrate remarkable customer service, leadership and financial acumen in this position. Additionally, the Market Director establishes and communicates the goals, expectations and standards for the market. Please note we are looking for candidates that are open to relocation as progressive retail leadership opportunities often require relocation either within or outside of a designated market/region.
What You'll be Doing:
- Lead in a manner consistent with leadership expectations and company culture.
- Identify and develop talent within the market.
- Drive market level key metrics including sales, profit, customer satisfaction, labor, shrink, safety and sanitation goals.
- Identify gaps in operational results and work with store leadership to determine cause and actions to address challenges.
- Anticipate, identify and work with Leadership to address people needs including staffing, development, performance deficiencies, retention and succession planning for leadership in the market.
- Identify high potentials and actively mentor them for development.
- Ensure effective execution and compliance by store teams of processes and policies for all stores in the market.
- Communicate and model the expectations for friendly customer service and the Meijer culture.
- Create meaningful accountability around delivering on these expectations.
- Reinforce and actively support the Culture of Safety and initiatives around both health and safety.
- Understand competitive trends in the market; learn strengths and weaknesses of direct competitors to create and leverage advantages.
- Develop highly-collaborative relationships with corporate and distribution partners to effectively execute to strategy.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of experience in retail.
- 5+ years people leadership experience.
- Multi-unit store management preferred.
- Must be fully open to relocation.
- Complete knowledge of store processes, policies and procedures for all areas of the store including financial profit/loss oversight.
- Multiple experiences at director level or equivalent positions (example: run multiple stores with varying degrees of difficulty; open new store; project champion or roll-out coordinator assignment, turnaround under performing operation, etc.). Experience as Director of Retail Services preferred.
- Completion of the Market Director Development process for internal candidates and equivalent development/previous experience for external candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively sort through and handle competing priorities.
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to multi-task while simultaneously attending to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to make ethical and appropriate decisions in unique situations and/or under pressure.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to facilitate cross-functional teams. Knowledge of and experience with change management strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict as well as lead through influence.
- Demonstrated success in solving complex issues across functions using fact based data and analytics as well as experience and judgment. Can sort through the noise to get to the root cause.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
- Ability to work on sensitive assignments and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned Region.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as other communication technology.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational agility and business acumen. Knowledgeable of how organizations work and how to get things done, both through formal and informal means.
- Knowledgeable and current in policies, practices and trends affecting his/her business, organization or customer. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates good decision quality and makes decisions in a timely manner.
Associated topics: ad, demand generation, event, hospital, lead generation, major gift, marketplace, public relations, solicitation, stewardship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...