Executive Director and Head Kite Corporate Strategy and Planning
Compensation: $151,686.67 - $97,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this jobJob Description
Kite is looking for an experienced business leader with a demonstrated track record of building high-performing teams, collaborating and influencing across matrixed organizations! The ideal candidate will have an exceptional ability to deeply understand the science and landscape, as well as the business considerations important to developing and implementing biotechnology and cell therapy strategies. This role will require a leader who combines executive presence, emotional intelligence and a strong work ethic to build a best-in-class strategic planning capability at Kite.
The Executive Director, Head of Corporate Strategy and Planning reports to the Vice President Corporate Strategy and Operations, and is responsible for the development and refinement of Kite's corporate strategy including execution of the annual strategic planning process, building and maintaining Kite's business plan, organizing and leading key offsites and cascading Kite's strategy through program / product teams and across global functions.Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Builds and maintains a function of trusted advisors who can communicate a deep understanding of Kite's pipeline, technologies, current and future markets and help the organization make informed long-term decisions.
- Leads and evolves the Corporate Strategy and Planning function to deliver enterprise analytics and strategic actionable insights.
- Guides the Kite leadership team in complex, ambiguous business decisions through rigorous, insightful analysis and influential communication and interpersonal skills
- Establish and drive the creating and implementation of Kite's Long-Term Business plan
- Generate superior insights and develops strategic vision, ambitions, and priorities for improving and evolving the business
- Partners closely with business development, alliance management, program and portfolio management and global program strategy to ensure alignment within corporate development
- Works across the Strategy Cascade to ensure strategic alignment from corporate, disease area and product tiers
- Synthesizes strategic objectives to identify, recommend, and execute on initiatives that can meet the company's growth objectives
- Defines and continuously refines a roadmap for strategic innovation processes to bring leading edge initiatives from ideation to prototyping to organizational diffusion and adoption
- Works closely with all Kite functions to ensure the Kite Corporate Long-Term Business Plan has robust and transparent assumptions and supports the business to meet near- and longer-term objectives given future uncertainties in the Cell Therapy and Oncology landscape
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a related Life Science and 15+ years' relevant industry experience.
- MS/MBA/PhD and 13+ years' relevant experience also acceptable.
- 10+ years in leading corporate development, corporate strategic planning or management consulting organizations at a major international firm.
- Direct people leadership experience is required with a demonstrated success of leading high-performing organizations to achieve corporate objectives.
- Should possess working knowledge of drug development and manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Diverse experience across commercial, operations, R&D, and G&A functions preferred.
- Ideally, the candidate has held a similar role/level in corporate strategy at a large $5 billion + organization.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and grow a world-class team. Able to build and cultivate a team of strategic thought partners to interface with and support key leaders and functions across the organization.
- Aligns senior leaders and key stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills, high EQ, and persuasion. Able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to cascade corporate strategy vertically through program / product teams and across global functions.
- Drives to get beyond the abstract and general to deliverrigorous, nuanced and actionable recommendations. Ability to deliver insightful data analysis & synthesis that uncovers market opportunities.
- Track record of completing quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models.
Kite Pharmaceuticals is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com
. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma
.For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact...@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...