Sr Director of Research Operations
Compensation: $132,410.00 - $177,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Responsible for operational execution of the projects in the research business, including clinical research and retrospective outcomes research, currently a $100M revenue/year business within Company Specialty Health. Today, this represents over 300 active projects, with approximately 80 100 new projects a year.
- Responsible to serve as the expert in the organization related to operational discussions with customers (manufacturers) including active participation in leadership meetings conducted with customers.
- Responsible for scientific and operational review of projects in order to make decision for which projects to accept and move forward with a fit for our business.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with MSH cross-functional teams (i.e. finance, legal, and regulatory, others) in order to drive timely and quality project delivery.
- Responsible for a team of 40 people, the project management team in the research services organization, which represents the Site Management Organization projects, the HEOR projects, and the CRO services.
- Assists in developing and executing on the long-term vision for research execution and growth opportunities.
- Overall responsibility to lead project management operations of the research business with responsibility for scientific and operational review and oversight of this function in the organization.
- Nurtures relationships with the Key Manufacturers and Stakeholders at the Practices in partnership with the Director of Business Development & Director of Site Services.
- Drives cycle time, quality execution, and process consistency in the core operations.
- Works collaboratively with other MSH stakeholders in order to align and maintain processes, maximize efficiencies, and foster a culture of teamwork.
- Supports strategic initiatives in the organization including building a stronger culture of research.
- Manages and supports a team of 4-8 direct reports.
- Reports to the Chief Scientific Officer
8+ years specific healthcare and/or systems-related experience including 7+ years managerial experience
- Experience in clinical drug development, investigational pharmaceutical research, and health economics and outcomes research
- Greater than 10 years in the clinical research industry. Previous experience with pharma, biotech, life science, or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) company.
- Managing development and/or operations teams essential.
- Knowledge of pharma clinical research and development process essential.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a life sciences degree, experience in conducting clinical research, substantial experience with Pharma and/or a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), along with past P & L ownership (Oncology related experience is strongly preferred, along with multiple years of strong performance/results in all above mentioned areas) and now is coming to run a research organization.
- This ideal candidate will have 10+ years experience and would have strong leadership skills especially in clinical and operational expertise along with people management.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare and the specific systems area related to the management position.
- Business degree preferred.
- Knowledge of oncology and related disciplines and treatment patterns preferred.
- Prior accountability for a P & L preferred
4-year degree in nursing or healthcare-related field or equivalent experience
Associated topics: clinical, dietetic, immunoassay, metabolism, microbiology, pharmacometrics, pharmacy, therapy, toxicologist, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...