Our overall mission is simple. We want Empire Today to be the place where our customers can have beautiful floors, made easy. Empire Today is one of the leaders in both residential and commercial installed flooring. We provide customers with options of name brand tile, wood, carpet, and window treatments, to name a few. With your help, Empire Today will continue to enable people to enhance the appearance of their home or business in the easiest way possible.
Business Area: Marketing
Empire Today s marketing department creates the face of the company through various initiatives such as online media, digital media, email programs, and print collateral. By promoting Empire Today s brand and line of products, we are able to reach a large audience of potential customers to support the success of Empire Today.
The Media Director is responsible for the development and execution of Empire Today s national and local market media strategies as well as ownership of Empire Today s lead delivery performance related to the media buys. Responsibilities include the oversight, strategy, execution, tracking, and optimization of the company s media buys across various business units and channels including broadcast, cable, radio, print, out-of-home, integrations, etc. The candidate must have deep knowledge and experience in traditional and emerging media channels, and own and drive delivery of clearly measurable business results. This person should have high-level skills at both the strategic and tactical levels and superior relationship building and negotiation skills internally and externally. Candidate should have strength and significant experience in media planning/buying, project management, budgeting, and team management. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
- Lead media strategy, tactical plan development, and implementation across brands.
- Responsible for the media planning, negotiation, and buying process for tv, radio, print, out-of-home, etc.
- Using a mixture of market research, analysis, pricing structures, and internal considerations, the Media Director is ultimately responsible for making sure ad campaigns have maximum reach for the best possible price.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee the development of lead-generation and brand-building media plans for national cable, local broadcast, print, radio, out-of-home, etc.
- Use tools and research to create overall media strategy which includes budget recommendations, target audience deep dive, media mix optimizations, and media flighting and weighting recommendations.
- Manage the strategy and negotiations for high value and/or complex packages, opportunities, integrations, etc.
- Build and maintain strong professional/interpersonal relationships with media sales community, ensuring the company is always positioned favorably.
- Formulates and recommends media strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the company s business.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years relevant media experience as an established media leader in an agency and/or client-side with a proven track record of driving success and solutions that deliver results. You must be able to evaluate, plan and work with all viable media channels.
- 5-7 years experience leading and managing a team, cultivating their individual development and growth across different levels of associates.
- Excellent media planning abilities, particularly in broadcast, print, outdoor, digital, and radio, with oversight for $50M+ in spend.
- Resourceful with strong management skills and demonstrated team-leadership.
- Works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines.
- Can easily work with a wide range of people, including salespeople, senior management, and your own staff.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and senior leadership. Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired strategy recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, with an orientation to details. Ability to resolve problems at both the strategic and execution levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Exhibit ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely, and concisely.
- Possesses strong project management skills and has the ability to work well within a team environment and individually.
- Demonstrates strong command of media research and analytics concepts, resources, capabilities, and limitations.
- Understanding and knowledge of online and offline marketing channels (Print, PPC, SEO, email marketing, etc.)
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Associated topics: analyst, business, community, demand generation, government, major gift, marketing, policies, product market, public