$750.00 Signing Bonus - Registered Dietitian
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
DayWho We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community$750.00 Signing BonusMercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents.About This Career Opportunity
The Registered Dietitian coordinates the nutritional care of residents for Mercy Retirement & Care Center and Elder Care Alliance Communities. The person in this role role completes nutritional assessments, MDS, and care plans for Care Center residents with information obtained from medical record, resident, and/or family. They participate with Culinary Director in menu planning and complete analysis of the nutritional adequacy of menus served. Serves as a resource and consultant to Resident Care staff on nutritional issues for individual residents.
The Registered Dietitian also participates with Regional Culinary Service Director and Culinary Directors in menu planning and completes analysis of the nutritional adequacy of menus served. Works in collaboration with Regional Culinary Service Director to develop innovative programming while meeting appropriate and sustainable financial targets. Is responsible for the Employee Nutritional Wellness program throughout the ECA communities and collaborates with VP of Human Resources by developing and executing innovative programs with the goal of improving overall company health.Are You Qualified?QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Current registration with the American Dietetic Association as a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) and completion or enrollment of a Masters in Dietetics or similar nutrition related field.
- Maintain current knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations applicable to long term care facilities.
- Three years-experience as a staff or consultant dietitian in a long-term care facility.
- ServSafe certification required within one year and maintained throughout employment.
- Must be highly service oriented with outstanding verbal communication and listening skills.
- Must be able to exercise creativity, good judgement and initiative.
- Ability to handle competing demands in a flexible and positive manner.
- Sensitivity and knowledge of, and passion for, older adults, especially those with cognitive impairment.
- Motivated by the mission and focus of the work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to develop financial models.
- Ability to identify need, develop, and manage programs and systems simultaneously. Intellectually curious with demonstrated ability to innovate.
- Ability to demonstrate sophistication, judgement and emotional intelligence.
- Understands and demonstrates the qualities of a true servant leader.
Associated topics: care, cmo, endowment, event, hospital, marketing, newspaper, principle gift, solicitation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...