Remote work option is possible for this position.
Expectations: The strategic communications and grant writing specialist is expected to uphold the goals and philosophy of the Community Violence Intervention Center (CVIC), to abide by CVIC policies and procedures, and to perform all duties outlined in this job description in an ethical and professional manner. Additionally, the strategic communications and grant writing specialist shall: maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all information pertaining to agency clients, staff, volunteers, and shelter; possess a sensitivity to clients needs and situations and portray a behavior consistent with agency philosophy, goals, and ethics code; demonstrate professional judgment in all areas, including crisis situations; function well individually and as a team member; and accept responsibility for personal and professional growth and development.
Supervised by: Director of Community Investment
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor s degree in communications, journalism or related field required. Two to four years of directly related experience and/or training in communications, journalism and/or grant writing.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work as a team player.
- Exceptional written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and impactful proposals, press releases, etc.
- Ability to analyze needs and trends, utilize data, research, and emotional content to convey the needs, and link to specific grantor/funder interests and priorities in a compelling way.Detail-oriented, strong time management skills, the ability to be self-motivated.
- Experience with grant writing and a knowledge of basic public relations strategies.
1. Complete grant writing tasks in conjunction with grant team members, as outlined below.
- Work with program coordinators to compile data and emotional content (client stories and other program trends) and to identify pertinent research/studies needed for each grant.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential new grants (federal, state and local public funds and private foundations/corporations) and evaluate and prepare a brief summary showing the fit with CVIC for grant and/or leadership team as pertinent.
- Work with program coordinators and grant team to prepare grant reports for federal, state and local public funds and private foundations/corporations.
- Gather essential grant information and data for the lead grant writer for major grant proposals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a proposal calendar and annual grant strategy.
2. Coordinate communication and public relations tasks in conjunction with the leadership team and public relations committee members, as outlined below.
- Develop and maintain an annual public relations campaign, including assisting in guaranteeing the consistent use of brand identity and messaging across the organization by ensuring digital and written content stay on message.
- Chair the public relations committee and oversee the activities of that committee.
- Write, design and distribute internal and external communication materials to include marketing/advertising materials, website and social media content, and press releases.
- Respond to requests for information release from the media or designate a spokesperson or source of information.
- Arrange interviews with media outlets.
- Coordinate the Safer Tomorrows Road Map community awareness events.
3. All other related duties as assigned.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CVIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.recblid l0tav2hd77cxdbz5tfzoz4m2xiwvc0
Associated topics: blogging, communication, communication specialist, correspondent, investigative, journalist, news, newspaper, reporter, writing