Associate Director, Publications Management
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position requires strong scientific and extensive publication management experience. Work with company scientists and other internal stakeholders, study investigators and authors, external pharmaceutical company partners, and medical communication agencies in leading cross-functional publication teams for one or more therapeutic areas for the development of scientific publication plans (covering research manuscripts and conference presentations) and their execution. Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders in a pharma company setting and manage publication vendors is required. Ability to write manuscripts is a must.
- Lead cross-functional publication teams (together with other pharma partners) to develop, manage and execute the publication plan of one or more therapeutic areas. This involves the development and submission of clinical manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations with company teams, publication vendors, external collaborators, scientists, and medical experts.
- Understand the science of the assigned therapeutic areas. Guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, draft budgets, and travel to scientific conferences as needed.
- Write manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- At least 6 years in medical communications or publications management, of which 2-3 years must have been spent in independently leading cross-functional publication teams to develop and execute therapeutic area-specific publication plans. Some or all of this experience must be from a pharmaceutical company; additional experience in a medical communication agency is a plus. Experience in medical writing required.
- Quickly develop a firm scientific understanding of the therapeutic area(s) covered; should possess an understanding of clinical study design, statistics, and pharmaceutical research and development. Familiarity with statistical analysis plans and clinical study reports.
- Must be able to write manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors. Oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, drafting publication budgets. Prior use of publication software (e.g., Datavision) a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices, ICMJE guidelines, CONSORT, Sunshine Act
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently are important. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Additionally, exemplary professional interaction with internal stakeholders and external authors is expected.
Loading some great jobs for you...