Director of Research and Development
Compensation: $151,180.00 - $151,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Director of Research and Development Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Director of Research and Developmentfor one of our top clients in the Dallas/Ft Worth geographical area of TX. This company is a consistent leader in its field and is highly respected for its high-quality goods and scope of products and services. Candidates with strong experience in personal care and household cleaning products will be considered for this great opportunity.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all research and development of new products, with emphasis on household and personal care categories, as well as new categories.
- Improve existing products using advanced technologies to enhance the company s competitive position
- Drive accountability, consistency, quality, and process standardization across all phases of research and development
- Develop and monitor research plans and budgets for R&D projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives
- Oversee and manage administrative functions on a day to day basis for R&D Department
- Act as lead technical expert to support development of marketing objectives, strategies, and the long-range and annual plans for assigned categories, including outlooks to reflect overall corporate goals
- Develop efficient innovation processes to enable optimal team performance/output while leading, coaching and developing a team of technical R&D expert direct reports
- Establish performance standards and manage a creative climate where people are self-motivated toward the mastery of functional responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for processes, technologies, and organization
- Participate in and guide various projects while helping set priorities for the R&D team
- Conduct staff meetings, write status reports, create presentations, attend key cross-functional meetings and ensure proper communication to senior management and the cross-functional teams
- Partner with Marketing team to unlock development of robust product pipeline plans and deliverable
- Support the development of capability expansion by recognizing new equipment needs
- Act as liaison with cross functional team members to ensure growth initiatives receive necessary focus
- As needed, manage the technical development of new products, existing product reformulation or continuous improvement projects in cooperation with the Marketing team
- Bachelor s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years successful CPG product development experience, ideally in household and/or personal care development.
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience managing people and leading technical teams, including the ability to create and articulate a vision and drive a team to achieve results are a must
- A self-starter and doer with a sense of urgency to work fast but not rush
- Current knowledge of and ability to leverage resources in the CPG industry, including suppliers, customers, and service providers
- Working knowledge of product development, process development, regulatory requirements, sensory evaluations and project management
- A cross-functional collaborator with strong understanding and application of insights
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic thought leadership is required
- Strong communication skills (exceptional listening skills, persuasive and professional communicator)
- Experience developing new products, instituting processes and measuring team performance is strongly desired
- Ability to travel (up to 20%)
Please apply online at www.kellyscientific.com or send resume to ...@kellyservices.com for immediate consideration.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...