Communications for Cancer - Editing and Media Relations - Bethesda, Maryland Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a COMMUNICATIONS EDITOR experienced with CANCER research to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. This is a full time, long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Office of the Director (OD)
Office of Media Relations (OMR)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Bethesda, Maryland (near Washington DC)
Main campus, on site TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
1. Contribute to and support the completion of communication activities relating to scientific research.
2. Work with diverse news organizations, including national press and federal agency public affairs units, to track and develop leads for breaking news stories pertaining to NCI research findings.
3. Modify, derive, or develop methods to present information to maximize understanding for the intended audience.
4. Represent NCI in the dissemination of scientific and public health information.
5. Prepare materials for release to the news media and public of scientific facts and policy.
6. After public release, resolve outstanding questions raised by research findings or policy implementation.
7. Maintain current knowledge of NCI, the National Cancer Program, and advances in cancer research, NCI policies and procedures, establish and maintain contact with NCI and other doctors, scientists, and health educators in appropriate fields.
8. Analyze and evaluate media trends and prepare media reports regarding scientific findings for senior leadership.
9. Develop, assess, and implement strategic communication plans for organizational priorities.
10. Track media coverage of important research news.
11. Analyze scientific and clinical issues related to biomedical research programs.
12. Employ automated analytical software application, Vocus, to analyze media data for reporting purposes.
13. Identify trends; analyze and focus on potential problems in scientific policies. Write articles and reports; highlight scientific findings.
14. Conduct presentations related to biomedical and cancer research mentions in the media.
15. Design and conduct analytical studies to extrapolate results of technical papers for articles/presentations for staff and the press.
16. Develop and review content for internal publications produced by staff.
17. Create, edit and prepare materials for publishing on the NCI NewsCenter website.
18. Work with reporters and coordinate media interviews with major media outlets including television, radio and print publications.
19. Collaborate with reporters and other organizations to increase understanding of the NCI mission and priorities.
20. Collaborate with researchers and content managers to develop content and compose press materials to highlight important biomedical research.
21. Co-lead with NIH Clinical Center staff to coordinate patient interviews.
22. Advise senior staff on the importance of scientific research to the media. REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
1. MS/MA in a science-related field and 3 years of experience in the TASKS described above.
2. BS/BA in a science-related field and 5 years of experience will be considered.
3. Proficiency in proofreading and editing.
4. Experience in media relations for NCI.
5. A thorough knowledge of the news cycle in both print and online media.
6. Proficiency in the operation of computer and general data acquisition programs.
7. Excellent time management skills.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills. PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls or emails. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...