Marketing Director, Aimovig US Consumer
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
The Aimovig US Consumer Marketing Director will lead, plan, and execute the Consumer marketing strategy and all patient-focused touch-points critical to commercial success of Aimovig , Amgen's first launch into the migraine space. The Marketing Director will develop and evangelize an in-depth understanding of the migraine consumer and define and execute opportunities to reinvent this space maximizing diverse elements of the marketing mix and patient experience.
The successful candidate is a critical leader within the Aimovig team, with a team of direct and indirect reports, and also a primary voice of the consumer/patient on a cross-functional team that includes internal and external partners, and our commercialization partner, Novartis. The Marketing Director will also lead and run all patient focused agencies and media.
- Strategic insight toward refinement of the Aimovig Commercial Strategy
- Leading the development and implementation of an innovative, ground-breaking multi-channel consumer marketing plan, from media and strategic partnerships to patient onboarding and engagement.
- Develop breakthrough creative including TV/video, digital, social, website, email/CRM and print
- Lead refinement and expansion of robust, data-driven digital, social and mobile plan to engage and activate consumers
- Systematically develop and track metrics for media mix, consumer engagement and advertising effectiveness, while linking to the broader success metrics of the brand
- Building a seamless, lock-step partnership with critical partners such as corporate affairs, advocacy, value communications and health-care professional marketing
- Cross functional leadership to gain alignment in focus and timing with internal partners as well as our commercialization partner, Novartis, both strategically and tactically
- Coordinating and driving focused market research plans to generate insights further driving plan and creative optimization and performance
- Commercial lead for consumer-related assets in MAC team meetings
- Lead consumer KOL identification and relationship development
- Leadership of all consumer-related agencies to hold them accountable to the highest standards of performance
- Proactive management of marketing budget
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of Marketing experience
- Master's degree and 6 years of Marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Marketing experience
- 10+ years of experience in brand leadership/commercialization, in pharma, medical devices or consumer packaged goods, including 5+ years in the marketing function.
- Technical marketing competencies: Marketplace/consumer analysis and insight generation, consumer segmentation, brand positioning, brand sustainability (campaign/message platform development), execution excellence (multi-channel development and metric development/tracking)
- Multi-channel media plan development, including innovative digital, social, mobile initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop a team aligning to a common vision, and towards the development of individual staff members for improved performance and achievement of career aspirations
- Strong ability in both leading cross-functional teams, and in being a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong communication effectiveness: The ability to effectively engage, connect, and influence senior management and the sales and marketing organizations across both Amgen and our commercialization partner.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful execution plans
We understand that to sustain, grow and deliver for patients - we will ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...