Global Publications Senior Manager - Inflammation
Compensation: $109,740.00 - $90,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amgen is searching for a Global Publications Senior Manager to join our Inflammation Therapeutic Area team, reporting to a Director of Global Publications.? The applicant will provide leadership and expertise in publication planning and execution for the product Otezla.
The Global Publications Senior Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional stakeholders to develop and maintain a dynamic, strategic Global Product Publication Plan for Otezla
- Collaborate with authors to generate content, and/or oversee the development of content, for abstracts, posters, orals, and manuscripts that appropriately communicates the scientific significance and value to the target audience (discovery, clinical, health economics, observational research, etc.)
- Demonstrate disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to the product
- Understand the publication landscape (journals, congresses, readership, etc.) and advise the Publication Team and authors accordingly
- Lead discussions on appropriate publication innovations (enhanced content, etc.) and execute appropriately
- Ensure alignment of publication content with product strategy, communication objectives, and lexicon
- Develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive timelines and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage outsourced projects and ensure quality, alignment, and timely completion while staying on track with allocated budgets
- Work with Project Managers and Publication Coordinators to ensure that publication records in the system of record (Data Vision) are current and accurate
- Support regional counterparts by serving as a global point of contact for specific deliverables
- Serve as internal resource to cross-functional teams regarding compliant publication practices
Additional activities may include:
- Manage deliverables for more than one product
- Provide on-site support at key scientific congresses and meetings
- Lead critical functional or cross-functional initiatives
- Mentor and/or manage internal staff and/or vendors
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies
- Travel occasionally (up to 10%)
Doctorate degree and 2 years of publication development industry experience
Master?s degree and 6 years of publication development industry experience
Bachelor?s degree and 8 years of publication development industry experience
Associate?s degree and 10 years of publication development industry experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of publication development industry experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD with at least 3 years of publication development industry experience in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Experience with developing product-specific publication plans
- Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals as well as abstracts and posters or oral presentations for scientific congresses
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Comfort with providing strategic input to senior leadership on topics regarding publication planning and data dissemination
- Experience leading and delegating projects with limited supervision
- Experience training or managing staff
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
- Experience collaborating with clinical investigator authors on publication development
- Experience with psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, or Behcet?s disease
- Extraordinary analytical, communication, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Proficient in word processing, including touch-typing, and pertinent software (eg, Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable about ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients ? we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people?s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world?s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.?
Loading some great jobs for you...