Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amgen is seeking an Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine to join us in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters. The Senior Manager will report to the Advocacy Relations Director - Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine.
The Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine will lead implementation of patient advocacy and professional association collaborations which support global therapeutic area and US business priorities. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with external third-party organizations to align on shared implementation plans and deliverables. As such, the Incumbent will build and sustain trusting and effective working partnerships with patient advocacy and professional association leaders and members. Further, the Senior Manager will also support Regional and Local Advocacy Relations staff to ensure continuity and consistency in messaging and execution.Responsibilities of the Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine include:
- Builds and maintains long term, substantive relationships with patient groups, professional associations and other key stakeholders based on values of trust, respect and transparency
- Heightens disease state and therapeutic-area knowledge among external groups and mobilize these groups to activate on key product milestones
- Supports patient access to treatments and diagnostic testing by working with patient groups and professional associations to raise awareness of novel therapies, support their value proposition, and address access barriers
- Brings the voice of patients and providers into Amgen's capabilities, including Clinical Trial Design, Direct-to-Patient Marketing, Corporate Communications, Policy, and Value and Access
- Supports the implementation of the advocacy relations strategy for Amgen's Bone and Neuroscience / Migraine therapies
- Works cross-functionally as a strong partner and collaborator with global and US teams including Marketing, Medical, Value and Access, Policy and Corporate Communications
- Coordinate Amgen's engagement strategies with stakeholders at Congresses
- Serves as an internal resource for Amgen regional teams and identify opportunities in priority countries to disseminate lessons learned, maximize disease awareness, and address patient access barriers to therapies
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experience
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Advocacy and/or Policy and/or Marketing and/or Medical experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with patient advocacy groups and/or professional (medical) associations
- 3+ years of experience working for global pharmaceutical companies as a liaison with patient advocacy groups and/or professional associations
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of people both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives, including tolerance for ambiguity
- Demonstrated reputation internally and externally as a well-respected, dynamic team player
- Empathetic and passionate individual with the ability to build meaningful connections with stakeholders
- Previous experience leading the development of professional medical society and patient advocacy strategies for pharmaceutical organizations
- Previous experience as relationship manager for professional medical associations and patient advocacy groups
- Proven understanding of key external and internal trends affecting patient and consumer engagement; solid understanding and experience in new forms of patient/consumer interactions such as social media and patient online communities
- Previous experience communicating the value of innovation and addressing access barriers to care
- Previous experience in government affairs
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and an ability to adapt one's approach to a challenge, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to assimilate complex medical knowledge and communicate to non-medical audiences
- Capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines
- Experience with product (drug) launches
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...