Actuary Director - Prophet Modeling
Compensation: $104,625.00 - $166,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.Job Summary
This position is responsible for developing the modeling of the company s long-term care insurance combination products. Key responsibilities include:
- Be the Prophet and modeling resource for the enterprise, mostly the modeling and valuation teams, in supporting Care Solutions modeling
- Build and implement PBR and LDTI models
- Knowledge leadership for long-term care insurance modeling
- Improving current modeling processes and methodologies
- Analyze and explain model output
- Partnering with valuation on industry, accounting, and regulatory change.
- Consistently developing and improving models, including finding efficiencies and managing sophistication
- FSA preferred, though career ASA s with suitable experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with a preference for experience with Prophet
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting principles
- A demonstrated record of intellectual curiosity, initiative, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver, have exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills, possess strong communication skills, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ideal candidates will have a passion for building efficient and robust actuarial models, have a high proficiency for adequate and clear documentation, and have the ability to communicate model purpose and design to stakeholders.
- Candidates are expected to exhibit energy, be energizing to others, bring an edge to the team, be execution focused, and have demonstrated passion for both their work and that of their team.
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial assistant, actuary, associate actuary, cost, mathmatics, model, retirement actuary, risk, statistics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...