Associate Director, Strategic Communications - SMD
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn . Job Description
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work! Associate Director, Strategic Communications- Spasticity and Cervical Dystonia YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Leader in brand success. You will develop and execute the Spasticity and cervical dystonia strategic communications plan to support the indications strategic imperative and financial goals. You will be accountable for developing, executing, and managing best-in-class customer engagement, education, and training program offerings that drive product utilization and sales for the Spasticity and Cervical Dystonia indications of Botox .
- A Collaborative communicator. You will collaborate with internal (cross functional) and external (customer) partners. This position will partner with national and regional societies, advocacy groups, and organizations to enhance Allergan's presence and impact on treating physicians and patients at related conferences.
- A Strategic Thinker. You will be responsible for continually gathering timely feedback on program impact and response to key initiatives to enhance execution and identify new program development. Provide constant feedback for peer to peer initiatives and promotional programs. Keep a pulse on our competitor's efforts in physician engagement, education, and training to ensure we remain market leaders.
- A Manager of marketing initiatives . From ideation to execution, working with agencies to create effective tools/resources, and leveraging customers and KOLs to position the brand for success.
- A Leader in development of KOLs, advisors, and consultants . You will be responsible for communicating key strategic communication strategies and messages to sales organization, while working closely with sales & marketing to identify and cultivate thought leaders. You will ensure adherence to legal guidelines with all medical education, scientific literature, and other tools to educate physician community. You will be responsible for managing the Strategic Communications budget and ensuring funds are spent on initiatives that increase the number of Botox injectors and/or drive increased productivity of the existing injector base.
Qualifications YOU BRING:
- Manage multiple training platforms and creates annual strategic education marketing plan that aligns with brand team and sales objectives . Evaluates and facilitates program changes or enhancements. Works closely with the speaker/trainer bureau on program content and format. Responsible for managing the speaker's bureau, contracting, training meetings, ensuring compliant program execution and program adherence.
- Gain insights from speakers and sales force on training program enhancements and leads both internal and external advisory boards to evolve education and training offerings. Responsible for taking a proactive approach in anticipating new trends in medical education and implements new training initiatives and programs as needed
- Responsible for developing and executing society and conference strategy that demonstrates Allergan's commitment to the Spasticity and Cervical Dystonia customers. Evolves how we represent the brand and engage our customers at key meetings.
- Responsible for the strategic communications budget development and oversight. Develops metrics to ensure success of promotional programs. Manages day to day operations with agencies, vendors, and external brand partners. Leads development, execution, and refinement of Strategic Communications strategy and ensures alignment with overall brand goals and objectives.
ALLERGAN LEADERSHIP SKILLS: For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Minimum 3-5 years of physician education, healthcare marketing, strategic communications experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with many levels of stakeholders in various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts
- Business project management skills with the ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience in health care preferred
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
A Talent Magnet:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
The best leaders are brand ambassadors and have an eye out for great talent to join our family. All Allergan colleagues are an extension of our recruiting team, building bridges for the best people to grow our company. WE WILL GIVE YOU THE ALLERGAN EDGE:
At Allergan, we define the 'Allergan edge,' as something that sets us apart, gives us an advantage and strengthens us to be better - for our customers, patients, investors and each other. Our 'edge' is our colleagues, and we are committed to making Allergan the best place for them to work and achieve career goals.
How do we do this? We Engage, Develop, and Reward our colleagues.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Engage. F rom Day 1. You are a bold leader who wants to make an impact. We listen to your ideas and your questions, so we can be even better at what we do.
- Develop. Learn every day, build new skills every day. We prioritize development, so our leaders are always ready for the next challenge and opportunity.
- Reward. Exceptional performance creates exceptional opportunities and rewards. Financial awards and incentives are just a part of this - we invest in our people; celebrate successes through recognition programs; promote healthy lifestyles and work-life balance. We offer amazing benefits most of which start on your 1 st day at work (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k - company match up to 8%, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more)
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...